Saturday, June 1, 2013

Waiting for Perfect - A Wendy Post

Do you find yourself waiting for things to be "more perfect"?  

Does the desire & drive for an idealized life, life as you have always pictured it, keep you from capitalizing on the little moments that come your way?

When things are cleaner?
When I am skinnier?
When we have more money?
When we have more space?
When we're not so busy?
When I feel better?

I can't invite my neighbors over for a BBQ yet!  I will someday..
... when we build the fire ring & then it will be just so perfect & cozy for roasting hot dogs & marshmallows.  All we have right now is a little 1.5 foot diameter ring of rocks.
... when I lose more weight, after all, then I'll feel more comfortable to just "be me" and to wear clothes that I like better
... when my yardwork is done!  Goodness, I don't want people to see moose jaws & goat poop & broken toys!  My goodness, what would they think?!?
... maybe next month I'll have extra money & I can buy the choicest steaks & pork tenderloin and even though I feel prompted to do it today, we were only going to have spaghetti tonight and...

Ephesians 5 talks about making the most of our time.

"Don't wait until everything is just right.  It will never be perfect.  There will always be challenges, obstacles & less than perfect conditions.  So what.  Get started now..." -Mark Victor Hansen

As a counselor told me once, "Wendy, no one is on 'Plan A'."
~So you're on 'Plan B' or C or Q...
~So you yearn for the Pinterest Perfect Life,
where Sweet Sixteens look so darn perfect and who wouldn't want to use old farm boards to make amazingly cool furniture and where my little offerings seem so small and well, insignificant in comparison.

Ahhh, so comparison seeps in.
And as we all know, (Heidi Roseman), Comparison Destroys Contentment.  


So, even if it rains...


Even if your garden is small & rocky...

Even if you have to celebrate on a different day...

And even when your darn stove isn't working again & wouldn't a new one be SO nice?

Even when you make mistakes...
Even when it is not perfect... 

Try.  Go for it.  Do something smaller.  Accept.

Or you might miss catching fireflies.
(because the dishes aren't done or the clothes aren't just right or the hair is sticking up)




No comments:

Post a Comment