Saturday, July 6, 2013

Some Stepmom Encouragement - A Step-parenting Post

If you are a stepmom, studies show & I'm sure no one needs to tell you that is the hardest role to have in a stepfamily.  It is a lonely road to walk.  I wish it weren't so!  I wish successful stepmoms would share their stories more & tell those still walking through it their own struggles & triumphs.

Today, as I was making some homemade strawberry jam, I re-listened to the following broadcast from Family Life Today.

I own both books by Ron Deal:  The Smart Stepmom & The Smart Stepfamily.  They read like textbooks & can seem rather discouraging, but that is because they are accurate!  They are very, very helpful resources.

http://www.familylife.com/audio/topics/blended-family/stepparents/the-smart-stepmom/20130508-winning-as-a-stepmother-with-a-fathers-help#.UdhBA_lJNJQ

(hmmm.. not sure why the link isn't working for me.  If it doesn't work for you, just copy & paste it into a new window & you'll get the link for the broadcast.)

I hope this broadcast provides some encouragement for stepmoms!
It also well explains things that I have been through & continue to go through.
For example, if you ever wonder why, at this time, I don't attend everything that my stepdaughter is in...

No comments:

Post a Comment