Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oh, the dailies - A Parenting Post

I am weary tonight.
Tonight I am homemaker weary, mom weary, wife weary.

If you are a wife, an employee, a husband, a father, a mother, a friend - a HUMAN (!!) - I'll bet that you get weary too!

And it's not really complaining, it's just saying honestly that at the end of this day I am weary...
... of cleaning things & washing things & sweeping places that seem to get dirty again so very soon after they were clean.
... of being the disciplinarian & praying about when to give grace & when to punish & when to ignore & when to hug & when to just let the fact that they don't want a hug brush off.
... from the dailies.  From changing several beds & doing several loads of laundry & cleaning up, (somewhat), and loading & unloading the dishwasher repeatedly & correcting papers & making crafts & cooking dinner.
... of summoning patience to be quiet when necessary & to encourage and soothe with grace & to listen to my talkative husband even when I am talked out for the day.
... from reminding about the guinea pigs, and the bunny, and to not put wet things on wood, and to please take a shower, and to not leave your bandaids in the tub, and to wash the dishes, ("yes, it is your turn.)
... of another day done with a full mind and a full heart, thinking of those I care about who are hurting & carrying some burdens, though they may be small.


"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." - Galatians 6:9

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

"For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes." -Jeremiah 31:25

"The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul."  -Psalm 19:7

"The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning."  -Lamentations 3:22-23

I rest securely in the fact that the Lord delights in me, weary or not.  He loves me, Oh - how He loves me.  I need not strive to gain His affection.  He leads me beside still waters & He restores my soul.  

Evening time is my still waters.
Bible time is the restoration of my soul.

And I shall greatly enjoy my peace.  And my sleep.  And wake up refreshed and ready to do it all again tomorrow.  Plus, I have a hint of something special my daughter has planned for me.  She has set her alarm for 6 a.m. and asked me not to get up 'til she gets me.  I have a pretty solid guess as to what she is up to.  It's good to be appreciated, but I'm thankful that even when I'm not, or when I'm weary about someone/something that is not going to change with a quiet evening & a good night's sleep, that those burdens roll off at the foot of Mount Calvary.

"..casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment